Saturday, May 12, 2007
Local color
Today was the St. Johns Parade. The 45th annual St. Johns Parade. Yeah, that's right, our little neighborhood has its OWN parade, and we rock the house. All the local politicians are in it, along with the Royal Rosarians. Those are the old dudes in the Rose Parade in their funky white suits. Check out this link - http://www.royalrosarian.org/AboutMain.asp. Audrey's preschool had a "float" (really just a decorated trailer that the kids rode in on hay bales) and Rob, Jack and I all followed behind the float in the parade. So, yup, now we're famous. We did take a couple of photos, and I'll get them posted soon. But it was a hoot seeing all the kids in their matching orange tee shirts and bright colored bucket hats. Next week Rob heads the California and I'm on my own with two kids. Gulp. I'm sure it will go just fine. Another gulp. Back to the parade for just a moment. I must repeat a comment made by one of the dads as we cruised down Lombard along the parade route. His son asked how much longer the parade would be and his response: Not too much longer. Then to the other parents near by: We're almost out of St. Johns because we've nearly run out of taverns. We all laughed and cried just a little because he was right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hillsboro has it's 4th of July Parade and a facsimile of a Saint Patty's Day Parade, (lame).
This year r.e.a.l. life church is walking in the 4th of July one. wanna join us?
We will huck candy at the kiddies and sing (poorly) to a boombox. Can you say "cheesy?" Yeah baby, Velveeta it is!
And Jack does indeed sound like a goat when he giggles. Why? Cause Aunt Sue says so, and I lub him.
I'm not going to be joining in the hucking. I'm going to join in the being hucked at. Yay!
I'm with Sarah. I'll get there early and claim a spot for the catchin' of the hucked!
Post a Comment